Teacher Librarian: Mrs .H .Armstrong B.A.(Hons.), Cert. T.E.F.L., Ad. Dip. Ed.
Assistant Librarian: Mrs. S . Davis
The library is open and staffed at break and lunchtime.
- To assist in equipping pupils with reading skills necessary for life long learning.
- To raise standards of literacy by promoting paired reading.
- To use the library and its resources, making effective use of organisational devices to locate, select, evaluate and communicate information relevant to a particular task.
- To acquire the skills necessary to select appropriate texts and locate information efficiently.
- To encourage pupils to enjoy reading and to provide opportunities for them to extend the range of their reading experiences.
- To encourage pupils to value their own preferences in books, while being offered a wider range of material.
- To read different types of material from within and beyond school to develop their own preferences as well as extend their reading experience.