“The quality of the provision for careers education and guidance is outstanding. The school has established a wide range of effective links with business and community partners as well as with further and higher education providers.”
ETI Omagh High School Inspection Report Feb 2013
Careers Education, Advice, Information and Guidance (CEAIG) at Omagh High School takes many forms and provision is made throughout the school from Year 8 to Year 14.
We support the decision-making process at the key transition years; in Year 10 (when selecting Key Stage 4 subjects); in Year 12 (when exploring Post 16 options) and then in Year 14 (when looking at progression routes, including UCAS applications to University). We aim to equip our students with the ability to make reasoned and informed decisions and to prepare them for the World of Work.
Throughout their school career students are encouraged to evaluate and develop their skills and qualities and to explore their talents, with a busy calendar of events on offer throughout the year. We aim to offer a wide variety of visitors, presentations, workshops, competitions and visits to inspire and motivate our students to achieve and succeed.
A selection of typical activities is given below:
- University and College Open Day Visits
- ‘Taste and See’ Visits to local college
- Interview Skills Workshop
- STEM Maths/Science Workshops
- STEM Faraday Challenge, Institute of Physics
- Allied Health Professions Event
- ‘Tasty Careers’ Careers in the Food and Drink Industry presentation
- Visit to CAFRE, Loughry Campus (STEM)
- Engineering/Maths Spaghetti and Marshmallows Queens University
- Tri-Service Armed Forces Teambuilding and Communication workshop
- UCAS preparation
- Student Finance
- Young Enterprise; Study Skills, Business workshops, Financial Capabilities
- Enterprise and Employability Week
- Work Experience
- Invest NI Business and Enterprise Competition
- Bring IT On – IT Sector Skills Presentation
- Speakers from Bombardier, Rolls Royce, Armed Forces
- Visit to PSNI Careers Fair
Please see our photo gallery for a selection of photos of the events
Please click here to read information about clearing for Year 14 students in August 2016.